Wig Obsession Continued
“You spend $5,000 on a wig — you don’t want to mess around with it,” Ms. Blum said. “We don’t have to wear a wig out of modesty. We do it because it’s what God wants us to do.”
Looking modest is not a strong suit here at the Julien Farel salon on Madison Avenue, where Ms. Tanaka works. A wash-cut-blow dry for a wig can take more than two hours, and her prices start at $450.
“They’re paying too much for modesty,” Ms. Tanaka said. “My clients want me to cover their head with something that looks better than their own hair.”
Source: NY Times
The above quote thinking that Hashem wants the Jewish women to cover their hair with wigs is totally preposterous! That's one of the issues of the day that may be preventing Moshiach from coming sooner.
Lastly, from a current Breslov Rav:
A Haredi woman says (wearing her long Euro-Kastem $1600 wig and her long but quite-tight satin dress that accents every curve), "Do you expect me to dress like a yachna (Yiddish for 'old hag')? I wouldn't be caught dead like that!" Hey lady, if you continue dressing the way you do, you are creating the sword which will "catch you dead."
So maybe you're asking, "What can I do if the whole world is off its rocker and I guard my eyes?" Or, "What can I do if all the women are 'in style' and I dress like 'Little House on the Prairie?" Rav Shalom that you're doing a lot - you just might save the Jewish people.