Thursday, April 28, 2011
Shabbat Shalom, Phones! שבת שלום טלפונים!
Did you know that a revolution took place on March 4-5, 2011? Well, since I'm not as plugged in to the current world events as I once used to, except through the rabbis who gave shiurim (Yes!, I heard about this from Rabbi Benzion Klatzko during his shiur on "Life After Death"), the revolutionary "National Day of Unplugging (your phones! and everything Internet) came and went by, affecting mostly the secular world (Jewish and Gentile). This day was Shabbos and religious Jews continue to unplug as they have been for millenium. But for the secular world, this is revolutionary!
An organization called the "Sabbath Manifesto" whose board members include Google Founder, Sergei Brin's wife, Anne Wojcicki, and other Jewish members (B"H!), is slowly but surely influencing the world with a day of rest once a week, starting with their cell phones. I can see Hashem smiling at the world on this.
Related articles: Sabbath Manifesto, National Day of Unplugging, Comments from the Community, Sergey Brin's Wife Wants You to Unplug Your Phone, YouTube Channel for the Sabbath Manifesto
